This role will suit someone who has worked within an IFA capacity, participating in the composition of suitability reports alongside various Administration duties. It is ideal for a person who would like to make the next step towards Paraplanning.
• Support in the development and maintenance of client relationships
• Ability to assess client needs and support an appropriate advice solution with guidance from the Consultant
• Assist the Consultant with research and creation of client suitability reports in a timely and efficient manner. Ensuring all documentation explains to clients as clearly as possible pros and cons of advice given, and ensuring that all regulatory obligations have been adhered to
• Obtain illustrations, related documentation and forms to support suitability reports
• Preparation of draft Drawdown Ongoing reviews
• Preparation of draft annual review tasks/letters including re-balancing of portfolios, drawdown reviews and simple investments e.g. ISA top ups. As the trainee develops his/her level of competence other tasks/reports will be assigned by the Senior Paraplanner.
Experience and skills needed:
• Good general education, including GCSE Mathematics and English grade B or above or equivalent qualification. Ideally educated to A Level standard or equivalent qualification (or individuals deemed ‘qualified by experience’ would be considered)
• Achieved Certificate in Financial Planning (or equivalent qualification), and working towards Diploma in Financial Planning/ Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (or equivalent)
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
• Confident communicator at all levels, with the ability to adapt approach depending on audience, and manage difficult discussions
• Well developed written communication skills, able to construct logical, clear and concise documentation appropriate to given audience
• Understand current regulations and how they apply to our clients
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job