The main duties of the Paraplanner will include:-
• Reviewing Private Client Factfinds/Client Meeting Notes against defined Compliance guidelines (OPAL) to make sure ALL aspects of the client financial needs are clearly documented, challenging the consultant where appropriate to enable them to research suitable whole of market advice based on the information provided. As part of this the role holder will be expected to challenge gaps and justifications with Consultants where appropriate.
• Using research tools to ensure independent/holistic advice is provided to the client in line with the clients objectives and the Private Client Consultant recommendation.
• Liaise with Consultants and other areas of the Company, plus third parties for additional information to support the research and recommendations.
• Challenging/agreeing requirements to enable the Paraplanning activities to be performed in a timely and quality manner.
• To prepare draft suitability reports within an agreed timescale based on the information received/researched, for final approval by the consultant. Using technical knowledge and experience plus compliance approved templates/standard paragraphs (where they exist) and soft facts including justification for advice.
- To review and quality check Private Client factfinds to, ensure the information provided allows you to conduct fund and product research, in preparation of drafting the report.
-To set down holistic financial planning advice for each client using the information provided to draft a recommendation report. To use own knowledge and expertise to construct and draft advice reports where this falls outside of the company’s standard reports, preparing a report for sign off by the Consultants.
- To obtain illustrations and Key Features Documents and associated documentation to support the recommendations set out in the recommendation report.
- Meet set individual targets for productivity and quality.
- Update the Paraplanning Work log, with pending new business so this can be tracked to new business receipt.
- Ensure all record keeping is maintained on OTIS (document management system) ensuring documents are imported or scanned in a timely manner to support the recommendation.
- Liaise with Sales Support staff where administrative support is required at pre-sales.
- Liaise with Consultants on a regular basis, challenging areas where missing or additional information required to support the client requirements.
- Maintaining and producing compliant files.
10. To maintain both technical and market knowledge as appropriate and demonstrate ability to analyse, research and document recommendations across whole of market products.
To be considered you must be able to demonstrate the following:-
- Practical knowledge of financial planning, pensions, investments, wealth, management, life assurance, tax matters and corporate financial advice
- Excel and Word
- Previous experience in an IFA firm is essential
- Experienced sales support with minimum of 2 years experience and wishing to progress to a Trainee Paraplanner, with the end goal of becoming a fully competent Paraplanner
In return the benefits package is fantastic.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job