EBISS is a logistics specialist looking for a Trainee Operations Executive to join our friendly team close to Burgess Hill.
We are a fast growing independent, highly ambitious company. You will be an integral part of our Operations Team helping with all aspects of our business. Full training will be given.
EBISS handles logistics for exhibitions, events, conferences, art fairs as well as special projects. We also install exhibition stands. As a result, some travel can be required which would be UK, Europe and possibly world-wide.
Desirable but not essential Experience, skills & personal qualities for this role include:
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good computer literacy skills specifically knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Professional, trustworthy, well presented, polite and hard working
- Ability to take the initiative and manage own workload when required
- Confident at dealing with people at all levels
- Punctual, reliable and adaptable
- Able to adapt to new tasks and manage time efficiently
- Confident and articulate with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Highly organised and methodical with good administrative skills
- Excellent numerical ability with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Have a methodical and problem-solving ability
- Have a practical mind as some of our work, requires physical effort and skills
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the team with getting shipments ready for despatch. This includes set-up of exhibition stands, stacking and creating pallet loads, use of a forklift (training and certification to be given)
- Assist the warehouse manager with arranging inventories and general warehouse duties.
- General office duties and administrative support to the Operations Team. These include answering the phone, entering orders to our custom written software, booking shipments for world-wide shipping, checking purchase invoices and entering onto our systems, generating sales invoices.
- Subject to driving age, some driving of small vans may be required locally and nationally
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Liaising with our drivers and suppliers
- Handling day to day enquiries via phone, email, written correspondence
- Maintaining and compiling spreadsheets as well as our on-line systems
Logistics experience is not essential as full training will be given to the right applicant however if you have a background in administration, that would be beneficial.
Hours are full time 0830-1700 Monday Friday with occasional weekend/evening work in busy periods (with time off in lieu).
To be considered for the position please send a copy of both your CV and covering letter to support your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £12,000.00 to £18,000.00 / year
Required licence or certification:
- Full UK Driving Licence
We do not work with recruitment agencies or other companies selling their recruitment platforms.
- Administrative Duties
- Computer Literate
- Organisational Skills
- Telephone Manner
- Time Management