Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester and across the North West. As a social enterprise, we are a 'profit-for-purpose’ organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice.
We have joined the L&Q Group in an exciting deal that will see us build 20,000 new homes across the North West.
We are now in a position to recruit a Trainee ManagementAccountant, who will report to one of the Management Accountants at the Trust.
A vacancy has arisen in our Finance team for a Trainee Management Accountant. The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Assisting in the production of the monthly management accounts in line with agreed timescales
- Preparing monthly balance sheet and I&E recs in line with the month end deadlines
- Responsible for processing the cashbook transactions for the subsidiary companies and producing monthly bank reconciliations
- Monitoring cashflow requirements of the subsidiaries and producing drawdown requests as required
- Producing monthly, quarterly and annual KPI information including reports and dashboards
- Key point of contact for internal customers, including the Developer team.Providing support, assistance and proactively building relationships with these customers
- Supporting the Management Accountants in the development of the annual budget, working with budget holders to determine phased income and expenditure budgets
- Assisting with internal/external audit requests including gathering samples, providing information and reports.
- Attending and contributing to monthly management accounts meetings
- Other reasonable duties in line with the needs of the Trust
The successful candidate will have either AAT, CIMA Cert BA or a relevant Accounting Degree (or equivalent NQF level). It is essential that they have intermediate to advanced skills in Excel. It is desirable for the successful candidate to have previous experience of working in a similar role.
A study package is available to the successful candidate, who is expected to complete their accountancy qualifications while working for the Trust.
Closing date: 18th September 2020
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'