Knights Brown Construction Ltd. is a privately owned regional company with a well-earned reputation for delivering projects successfully. We have been serving our customers for more than 60 years and with our experience and drive, we are committed to delivering a sustainable, innovative and competitive construction service. The ideal candidate will have a strong administration background and be interested in starting a career in finance.
We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Management Accountant within our Head Office. The role will be based in Ringwood, reporting to our Management Accountant.
The role includes:
- Preparation and processing monthly management accounts journals.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Maintenance of the hire purchase summary.
- With the assistance of the IT Department, reviewing and maintaining an IT stock register.
- Reviewing and processing contract cost transfers.
- Running month end contract cost reports.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Divisional and Management accounts.
- Rolling forward management schedules in preparation for following month end.
- Preparation of recharges to associated companies, and preparation of invoices for charges.
- Completion and submission of National statistical returns.
- Providing cover as required to post bank payments and receipts.
- Processing and paying weekly expenses.
- Processing credit card returns.
- Reconciling staff sales and allocating payroll deductions to invoices.
- Preparation of daily bank balances schedule.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Assisting with the preparation of audit files.
- Assisting with the preparation of corporation tax analysis for review by the Management Accountant.
Management Information System
- Proactively work with the Management Accountant to continuously improve accounting processes and systems. Assisting in documenting these processes as part of the Knights Brown Construction Management Information System.
Knights Brown actively promotes inclusiveness across the workplace, creating an environment where each individual has the equal opportunity to achieve his or her full potential and where employees feel respected. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
No agencies please.
Closing date: 23rd February 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job