Our client has a vacancy for a Trainee Legal Secretary to work as part of their Litigation team. You will need to have some previous administration experience - and an interest or relevant qualification (ie A Level Law, Legal Secretarial qualification or law degree).
- Previous administration experience - ideally gained in a law firm
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to take on billing responsibilities and basic credit control.
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to build a good rapport with clients, Counsel and other contacts
- Flexibility for overtime
- Ability to draft simple correspondence unsupervised
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a good rapport with all the members of the team
- Team player able to fit into a friendly but busy team and undertake work for all the members of the team when required
- Excellent organisational ability with a friendly but professional attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Confidently produce legal documents and correspondence as provided by Solicitors
- Confidently manage accounts and money laundering duties associated with client files
- Ability to respect confidentiality of work