Trainee Key Account Manager
A key to unlock an amazing career…
Looking to kick start your career within an employee focused organisation that is at the forefront of technology in the global marketplace? If you’re a graduate with an entrepreneurial mindset, then this varied and challenging role, where you will be provided with comprehensive training and superb career development opportunities, is the ideal fit for you.
Who will I be working with?
Qioptiq is a world leader in the designing and manufacturing of photonic products and solutions that serve a wide range of markets and applications such as medicine, life science, industrial manufacturing, defence and aerospace, and research and development.
Qioptiq’s outstanding global reputation exists thanks to the dedicated team of over 2,100 employees, who are provided with an interesting yet challenging work environment. Qioptiq endeavours to achieve excellent communication throughout the company, and has a focus on encouraging personal development and supporting individuals to exploit their potential, by actively promoting their quest for knowledge, enjoyment of continuous learning and active participation in the life of the company.
So, what will the role of Trainee Key Account Manager entail?
Reporting to the Head of Key Accounts, you will work as part of the Advanced Optronics Department where you will be fully trained and supported to develop your skills, enabling you to identify and secure business, and maintain customer relationships, with your duties to include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the Key Account Managers in positioning the company and current / future products for key contracts through developing close customer business relationships
- Providing customers with a superb level of post contract support
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of bids, quotes and proposals
- Supporting the maintenance of the rolling forecast and highlighting potential orders
- Utilising the company Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system to maintain an up to date, accurate and complete database of business opportunities that will be used to generate the company business plans
- Working closely with colleagues across the business to address commercial, technical or manufacturing issues
- Developing a sound awareness and knowledge of the market to identify potential new customers and / or markets, and providing input into product strategy and company strategic direction
- Contributing to the formulation of the sales and manufacturing forecasts
What will I need to be considered for this Trainee Key Account Manager vacancy?
- A degree level qualification, ideally within engineering or a scientific subject
- A professional attitude, with strong commercial acumen
- Superb communication skills and the ability to forge strong working relationships
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Highly motivated, self-driven and proactive with an entrepreneurial mindset to explore new market opportunities
- IT literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Full UK driving license and valid Passport to allow for international travel
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a global organisation where you will be supported to develop your career with comprehensive training and support provided.
Salary: £26,131 - £31,634, level dependent on experience
Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, free car parking, stakeholder pension scheme (with company contribution) includes Life Assurance at x4 salary, learning and development opportunities, bonus plan (profit share), and childcare voucher scheme.
Hours of Work: 36 hours per week, Monday to Thursday: 8.15am - 16.45pm, Friday: 8.15am -12.15pm. Flexibility will be required to meet business needs.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: St Asaph (Denbighshire, North Wales), conveniently located near to the A55.There will be regular national and international travel, which can sometimes be at short notice.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Trainee Key Account Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Qioptiq. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Qioptiq, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.