TRAINEE IT SUPPORT ENGINEER - ENTRY-LEVEL - ON-SITE
This specialist outsourced IT company offers network design, installation and support services to businesses and charities across the country.
They are seeking to recruit a number of Trainee On-site IT Support Engineers to work with their expanding client base - helping with IT support for their day-to-day operations.
This entry-level role is an ideal way to break into IT support and there will be opportunities to develop your skills and acquire certifications. Working closely with the Senior Departments, the successful candidates will gain valuable experience of providing IT support functions within an office environment and experience of working for respected organisations.
You will be a person with a keen interest in computing and some knowledge of how networks operate. You may already have a qualification in IT - a Microsoft certification such as an MTA or MCSA, or be willing to complete a MCSA training course prior to consideration, fee details can be provided. You will enjoy working with people as well as technology and be comfortable talking to a wide range of users as this role is as much about helping people as solving technical issues. You will be well supported by their team of Microsoft-qualified engineers via their telephone helpdesk.
- administration of various technical support systems including, but not limited to, printers, telephony and database systems.
- upkeep and control of on-site server room, office IT equipment and general networking infrastructure
- undertaking IT inductions to all new starters and providing general technical guidance to office users
- installing, supporting and maintaining server/PC hardware and software and assisting with technical and networking projects and hardware installation
- administering email, anti-spam and virus protection
- setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- monitoring network usage
- providing IT activity reports to the senior department
- a good basic understanding of Microsoft computers
- an interest in and aptitude for developing IT
- skills using Microsoft technology
- an organised and focussed approach to acquiring new skills with the ability to take instruction and guidance from the senior engineers
- excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to be calm and confident
- excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of personal presentation
- punctual, reliable and able to work within health and safety regulations
If you have a genuine interest in IT Support, but are not MCSA Certified we would still be happy to review your application as our client can offer the opportunity for you to gain the globally recognised MCSA qualification, fees may apply, prior to start. This is a great opportunity to develop your career and gain on the job IT Support experience.
To apply for the role of Trainee IT Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown (be sure that your CV includes a valid email address and contact number).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"