Trainee Insurance Underwriter
Trainee Underwriter x2
Our very well established client operates in the Insurance Sector and due to expansion are looking for a Trainee Underwriter to support their underwriting team. For the right individual training and potential career progression will be provided.
What you will be doing:
- Delivering relevant insurance products, underwriting systems and underwriting guidelines
- Delivering appropriate management information as required
- Contributing to team activity in line with business plans and budgets
- Liaising with clients, brokers and insurers in terms of coverage and pricing as required
- Setting up the appropriate files and keeping up to date
- Reviewing completed presentations and providing feedback to clients and underwriters as necessary
- Completing check and rating sheets for submission to underwriters
- Reviewing all quotes received from underwriters and passing these to clients with appropriate commentary
- Processing orders including policy production and invoicing
- Answering phone calls and emails within agreed authority limits
- Adhere to compliance and regulatory procedures
- Ability to manage own and others’ time and workloads effectively and efficiently
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and external clients, brokers and insurers
- Ability to understand and implement 'best practice’ in client service, compliance systems and processes, and financial management
- Appropriate knowledge of all classes of business
- Working knowledge of products offering cross-selling opportunities
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) at a senior level with clients and markets
- Ability to understand, develop, implement and report on agreed plans and budgets
- Based in Leatherhead
- £18,000 - £20,000 (depending upon experience)
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to 25 with service)
- Opportunity to take professional qualifications
- Workplace pension
- Full training / study support provided (CII exams)
If you are interested in this Trainee Underwriter vacancy, click Apply now
Please note; Due to the large number of applications that we receive, if you have not had a response within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook community by clicking 'Like’ on our Optima Recruitment Ltd page. Be the first to see our jobs as well as useful information about the job market, CVs and interviews.
Optima Recruitment acts as both an 'Employment Agency’ & 'Employment Business’ providing recruitment services throughout Surrey.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"