Trainee Insurance Consultant
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £18,000 + company benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading insurance brokers, employee benefits, healthcare and financial planning consultancies. The Group has over 80 offices in locations across England and Wales employing over 3000 members of staff.
A multi-award winning business, they work hand in hand with local, national and international clients in over 100 countries. They have built their business on the ethos of placing the client at its heart and providing the very best care and personal service - a core value that still remains true today.
Building on the success of their existing account team, they now have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Account Handler to join their team in Welshpool.
You will need to be determined, positive and self motivated with excellent communication and negotiation skills. You will have excellent interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build rapport.
We are very interested in speaking to candidates from a wide background who have the attitude to be a successful Account Handler. This is a great position working in a supportive and friendly team.
What will I be doing?
As part of a training and career progression plan, you will develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours that are necessary to provide customer service to each of the clients within Commercial Insurance.
- Maximise client business retention by efficient/prompt handling of all matters, day to day enquiries, renewals etc. and by building strong relationships with the clients that you manage.
- Supporting and working alongside account executives on a range of clients.
- Review insurer placements to ensure that best advice is offered at all times
- To ensure clients are offered appropriate premium payment options
- Maintain and increase profit from existing client bank as evidenced by retention rates and commission
- Develop strong relations with a range of underwriters to ensure that clients needs are met.
- Cross selling on existing client database
- To handle client's enquiries from own and team's client account ensuring that all client instructions are handled promptly and accurately
- Assisting Account Executives with production of New Business and Renewal presentations
What will I need?
- Experience working within administration- essential
- Have experience dealing with customers/clients over the phone- desirable
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft packages
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organisational, administrative, forward planning and team working skills
- A flair for communication, building relationships and influencing others
To be considered for this role, please click 'apply'