Trainee HGV Driver
More About the Trainee HGV DriverRole:
We’re on a Nationwide search for aspiring HGV Drivers to join our training programme. Our HGV drivers work days and nights to carry our orders and re-distribute stock and scrap between our National Distribution Centre and depots all over the UK.
If you join our national driving academy we will offer:
- £10.00 per hour
- Fully funded training and support to up-skill from standard Category B licence to a Category C licence and then finally your C+E licence
- All medicals and tests funded by AO
- Experience of the full appliance life cycle and all related departments in our logistics function
- Increments in pay as your skills and experience increase at around month three, six and on graduating from the training programme
- Once you’ve graduated from the programme you have the chance to become a permanent member of our night or day time HGV driver team.
- 4 on 4 off shift patterns to support a great home life balance
- Salary based on 42 hours per week. (Average hours)
- Overtime available
- Fixed start times
- Fixed routes available
- On-going learning and development opportunities within our business including fully funded periodic CPC training
- Digital Tachograph Card renewal
- Fully funded medicals
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing As Our Trainee HGV Driver:
During your training we’ll support you with progressing from your standard driving licence to a Category C+E licence (HGV). You’ll experience driving all of our fleet from 3.5t, 7.5t, and Class 1 vehicles and learn everything about our 5-star delivery service. During your training period you will be making home deliveries to our customers as part of a 2 person home delivery crew.
A Few Things About Our Trainee HGV Driver:
A few things about you
- A drivers licence which you’ve held for at least 12 months
- A passion for delivering amazing customer service
- A positive attitude and an infectious smile
- Have a passion for learning and developing your skills
- Physically fit to load/unload appliances
Great People Deserve Great Things:
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
Some benefits include:
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
- AO discount
- Attendance bonus
- Share save scheme- If you fancy an easy way to save money, our Share-save Scheme might be just the thing
If you fit the bill to become our Trainee HGV Driver, click “Apply” now – we want to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'