We require a very special person to join our team dedicated to serving families at one of the most difficult times in their lives. We currently have a position for a Trainee Funeral Director for an Independent and Family owned Funeral Company situated in our branch in Crawley.
You will be actively involved in the day to day operation of the branch offices, garage and workshops, central diary and assisting at other branches as the need arises. Arranging and conducting funerals after an appropriate period of training, maintaining computerised and paper office systems and promoting the business in the local community all in accordance with Company procedures and under the direct guidance of the Principal Funeral Director for North Sussex.
Day to day, the successful applicant’s responsibilities may include:
- Arranging and conducting funerals in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Attendance and preparation of the plot for Interment of Cremated Remains, which may involve weekend working.
- Setting and maintaining standards in accordance with Company Guidelines with particular reference to presentation of vehicles, premises and staff. Specific responsibilities are ensuring the Mortuary area, rear yard and People Carrier are kept clean at all times
- Supporting clients at all times from the first call until after the funeral and for as long as is necessary to meet the needs of that client.
- Promoting the business within the local community, frequently involving both evening and weekend working.
- Ensuring that clients are made aware of additional services and products offered by the company, including pre paid funerals, monumental masonry, transport to Registrar, catering and so forth.
- Studying for the Diploma in Funeral Directing with a tutor of the company’s choosing to be achieved within three years of joining the company.
Previous relevant experience is preferred, but not essential, ideally you will be
- A team leader and role model, able to command respect
- Hard working, reliability and honest, committed to maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends should the level of business require it
- Mature, confident and outgoing, able to communicate with people of all levels and in all forms of media
- Have experience of dealing sympathetically with clients.
- Excellent communicator both oral and written
- Computer literate.
The roles will be based at our branch in Crawley serving the local area.
NB. You will be required to complete an Application Form as part of the recruitment process.
Should you possess the correct skills and experience for this position we will be in touch with you within 7 days of the receipt of your completed application. Should you not hear from us within this time you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise instructed by you we will retain your details for any suitable future vacancies. We wish you every success in your search for suitable employment
- Team Leader
- Professional Conduct