R13 recruitment are partnering a national organisation in their search for a Trainee Factory Engineer to join their North Norwich based team. Having gained a qualification or apprenticeship incorporating both mechanical and electrical engineering, and employment OR work placement experience, this role will offer you a progressive career opportunity within a highly established business, working with both market leading and more traditional tech.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the main purpose of your role will be to provide effective maintenance support to the production operation, both in terms of planned maintenance and breakdown situations. You will receive ongoing training and development to assure your skills are consistently grown and enhanced.
Duties to include:
- Working alongside colleagues to schedule and prioritise maintenance activities, including breakdowns and planned activities.
- Diagnosing plant/equipment breakdowns, carrying out relevant mechanical/ electrical repairs.
- Carrying out planned mechanical and electrical maintenance activities, ensuring completion within set time frames.
- Identifying recurring equipment failures, proactively identifying action to eliminate or reduce equipment based losses.
- Recognising improvement opportunities in equipment reliability and maintainability.
- Contributing to mechanical and electrical project work when required.
- Ensuring all risk and COSHH assessments are up to date and relevant.
- Working on performing continuous improvement modifications.
You will have/be:
- Completed a relevant apprenticeship, degree or BTEC qualification.
- Gained employment/ work placement experience using mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Proactive team member, keen to learn and develop.
Offered salary is £Dependent on Experience, but up to £24000. You will benefit from a structured personal development plan with the view to progress into a Multi-Skilled Engineer role within the next 24 months, and a reflective incrementally increasing salary up to £30000.
Benefits package is offered including 20 days annual leave + 1 day for your birthday, 2.5% pension contribution and free onsite car parking.
This is a full time permanent role working Mon - Fri 8.30am-4pm.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Chris Hudson - Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.