Extrusion Operative Jobs with a World Leading Manufacturer with Permanent Employment and Career Development Prospects
Aqumen Recruitment are seeking reliable and punctual people with a can do attitude to work in Brigg. The ideal candidates will be looking for a longlasting career within the manufacturing industry. Previous experience in machine operation in a manufacturing environment is preferable and full training will be given.
This role can lead to a permanent position and improved pay with our Client after a minimum of 12 weeks service.
The main purpose of the role:
To extrude film to required customer specifications ensuring full conformity of product whilst ensuring that production targets and scrap targets are achieved; on a range of allocated machinery
The job involves the following tasks
- To achieve required production target
- To achieve required scrap targets
- To maintain product specification and quality standards
- To ensure that product presentation and traceability conforms to Company standards
- To fully and accurately document all information as required onto the computer system
- To safely palletise finished product and transfer to the finished goods area
- To ensure that all Health & Safety regulations are met
- To report immediately any problems to the Shift Foremen
- To work as a member of a team and assist other Operators as necessary
- Take part in training as required by the company
- To respect and care for company property
- To carry out other duties duties as required such as filling silos etc.
- To keep working and service areas clean and tidy in accordance with company policy
The right person(s) will be able to show that they have the following :
- Factory experience
Be numerate and able to understand targets, percentages and tolerances.
Basic computer skills and IT knowledge to enable input data/ consumption
Be able to follow written and verbal instructions and hence have a good level of written and verbal English.
Be able to work in a team environment
Self-motivated with a can do attitude
Excellent Time keeping and attendance
Willing to learn
The job involves being on your feet for the majority of time and often working in warm temperatures (up to 25 degrees on Summer days)
Excellent attendance rates is important for this type of business as machines cannot be stopped without excessive costs.
Every day differs depending on the type of job running on the machine. It can be hard work !
Hours of work
4 on 4 off continental shift pattern (Days and nights) - 2 day shifts followed by 2 night shift then 4 days off
7:00am – 19:00pm & 19:00pm – 07:00am
(During training it is Monday – Friday)
£8.65 per hour
Overtime is paid after 48 hours at time and a half
Overtime between Midnight Saturday and Midnight on Sunday is at double time
Permanent contracts for the right people after 12 weeks of continued service with the client.
Plus other company benefits and bonuses.