Trainee Estimator / Junior Estimator - We are currently working with a Leading fabrication and Construction company, they are currently expanding their current workforce and seeking a Trainee Estimator to join the Estimating department based in Lanark, Scotland. This role is an excellent opportunity for an Estimator at the beginning of their career looking to take their first step on the career ladder.
The company provide excellent in house and external training for the successful applicant and offer the opportunity to develop on skills and knowledge whilst having an excellent career with the company.
The Trainee Estimator will be an integral part of the company working predominantly within the Steel and Construction departments and covering a varied role which will include discussing pre-tender periods with the client as and when required, preparing a schedule of quantities "Take off" for the steelwork and allocating material and labour. The Trainee Estimator will be involved with a variety of tasks and will be required to work under pressure however in return the right
Trainee Estimator/Junior Estimator Position Overview
- Co-ordination of various sub-contract packages if applicable
- Discussions with client pre-tender period where required.
- Prepare a schedule of quantities or "take off" for the steelwork, allocating material and labour
- costs specific to a particular project.
- The ability to interpret the information received and communicate with the client or colleagues is paramount.
- On contract award relay relevant information such as contract information including
- specifications, cost build-ups, programme, potential risks and contractual issues to our internal
- team responsible for constructing the paramount
Trainee Estimator/Junior Estimator Position Requirements
- Preferably the successful applicant will be educated to degree/HNC/HND level in a construction based subject
- Ideally will have experience using AutoCAD software and experience using BIM
- Individuals are required to be self-motivated, determined and have strong mathematical
- Good communication skills
Trainee Estimator/Junior Estimator Position Remuneration
- Salary and package will be discussed during interview.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy