Our client, linked to the construction industry, is looking for a bright, articulate and focused individual to join them as a Trainee Estimator.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful company and develop your career.
No previous estimating experience is required, although someone with strong Excel skills will be a huge advantage.
The main focus of the role is to provide estimating and secure leads for the business and to ensure that all estimates and enquiries undertaken are priced and prepared in a responsive and timely manner.
- To receive enquiries allocated by either the Estimating Manager or the Divisional Director
- Take off quantities where necessary from drawings
- Scan in Bills of quantities where available
- Send out enquiries for materials and sub-contract items
- Receive and evaluate prices for materials and sub-contractors
- Build up the price using either the estimating system or an Excel spreadsheet
- Liaise with sales to ensure that any tender presentation is requested in adequate time
- Attend sales meetings as required and chase up / follow through any priced projects as discussed in those sales meetings to either an order or a lost job
- Calculate any preliminary costs using the Excel spreadsheet
- Present the price to the either the Estimating Manager or Divisional Director for adjudication
- Finalise any changes made and submit the price
- Prepare a monthly schedule of prospects for submission to the Divisional Director
- Maintain and update on a weekly basis as a minimum the estimating register
The successful candidate will
- Be numerical, methodical and keen to learn
- Have good Excel skills
- Be keen to develop a career as an estimator
- Possess excellent communication skills
Please note that we will only contact those candidates that we assess as suitable for the positions we have currently available based on their experience, training and skills that they identify. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days from your registration, please accept our apologies but we are unable to help you on this occasion.
Bucks and Berks Recruitment is an equal opportunities employment agency and employment business that is serious about its compliance with legislation. Bucks and Berks is acting as an Employment Agency in relationship to this role (if the vacancy is for a permanent position) or is acting as a Recruitment Business in relationship to this role (if the role is for a temporary position).