Trainee Designer - Pasquill - Bodmin
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated person to join our business as a Trainee Truss Designer. You will be working for Pasquill who are a major manufacturer within the timber engineering industry with sites across the UK.
We are designers of timber roof trusses and engineered joists the trainee will be part of a team liaising with builders, contractors, joiners, merchants and public to provide designs ready for factory manufacture and delivery to site. Using Mitek and James Jones software to design trusses, posi joists and JJI I-Beams the trainee will be mentored by other members of the design team and follow a three year training program.
This position would ideally suit someone that has completed higher education in Architectural, Building Technology or Engineering and has used CAD design packages. In addition computer literation and knowledge of Office packages essential.
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for in our Trainee Designer?
- Previous sales and design experience in engineered timber (preferred)
- Understanding of building regulations and relevant legislation (preferred)
- Good level of academic achievements
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Production of high quality designs within given timescales
- Must be able to work on own initiative or part of a team
- Must be able to demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills
- Identify opportunities to maximise customer service and translate into sales
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) - ability to communicate at all levels in an organisation
- Strong numerical ability with commercial understanding (margin, profit, etc)
- Ability to identify problems before they escalate
- Seeks feedback from customers and colleagues to develop oneself. Prepared to adopt / adapt best practice wherever originates.
- Ability to develop relationships to ensure we obtain views and opinions of customers to identify trends and realise opportunities.
Key Results Areas
- Sales and Margin analysis
- Customer platform development by customer segment
- Management of your customer portfolio through time management.
- Conversion rates by customer and customer segment and understanding the actions required to improve rates.
- Quality of design and delivery of perfect order.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A great open working environment.
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday including the statutory bank holidays (Increasing to 33 with service).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your 'pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"