We are looking for a Trainee Corporate Liability Investigator, experience is not essesntial as full training will be provided.
What we do
BAI Claims Services works with the UK’s leading insurers, manufacturers, construction companies and other corporates in handling industrial disease claims. The role of the Corporate Liability Investigator varies from establishing policy cover to identifying the insurers of other exposing companies using the Employers' Liability Tracing Office database. This role requires an eye for detail and an enthusiasm for research.
- To support the Corporate Liability Investigators in a variety of their tasks ranging from identifying and investigating policy cover to using the Employers’ Liability Tracing Office website to respond to policy enquiries.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Using internal and external sources, to establish whether BAI Claims Services Ltd.’s clients, provided Employers’ Liability insurance to various employers and responding to such enquiries via the Employers’ Liability Tracing Office if necessary within strict deadlines.
- Using the Employers’ Liability Tracing Office database to locate insurers for exposing companies on internal claims that are handled by the Claims Handlers within the agreed deadline.
- Ensuring BAI Claims Services Ltd maintains accurate records on the Employers’ Liability Tracing Office database for all its clients.
- Monitoring the New Claims inbox for new claims and processing them, when possible, on the same dasing internal and external sources to establish whether the clients of BAI Claims Services Ltd provided cover to the employing company named in the new claim.
- Producing a summary of the policy cover provided by the client for the Claims Handlers so that they can establish the extent of the client’s interest in the claim.
- Using search engines such as Companies House and The Gazette to investigate companies/ businesses to establish their history and financial position.
- Providing cover to the Corporate Liability Investigators, including periods of absence.
- Attending training courses to develop and maintain relevant knowledge and skills.
- Attending team meetings to discuss any issues raised and to share best practice.
- Completing any tasks requested by the Claims Manager/ Claims Central Services Team Leader relating to claims handling, operational or general functional claims matters.
- Assist in the completion of payment requests to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and BAI (Run-Off) Ltd’s Scheme Administrators.
Job-Related Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- 6 GCSE passes (or equivalent) at Grade C or above, including Math and English Language
- Aptitude for IT, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and use of the internet
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organise a daily workload by relevant priorities
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team orientated environment
- Strong team player
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Desire to develop new skills and commitment to learning
- Educated at A-Level Standard or equivalent
- Experience at using Companies House and the Employers’ Liability Tracing Office
- Experience in an office environment
- 35 hours per week
- Fixed term contract of 12 months
- Location of office is Sealand Rd, Chester.
- Holiday entitlement 25 days plus bank holidays
- Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 5:00 pm
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers
- Supportive environment and full training provided
- Free refreshments
- Easily accessible from main motorways and close to retail park
- Regular team socials
- Free car parking space
- Report Writing
- Companies House