Trainee Company Secretary
We are part of Link Group, a leading global provider of financial administration solutions. As one of Europe’s leading asset servicing platforms, Link Asset Services interacts with almost 6m investors, administering and safeguarding £600bn of assets across 10 highly regulated markets.
Our highly regarded international company secretarial business - Company Matters, is well-known for its expertise in corporate governance and company secretarial administration. With offices in the UK, Europe and Australasia we support domestic and international clients will all aspects of their company secretarial and governance needs and have a long-standing reputation of providing class-leading services to listed businesses.
Our team in Exeter includes 17 part and fully qualified company secretaries which we’re looking to build on in 2018. Working with a variety of UK and International clients, the role provides opportunity for occasional travel, particularly to London.Job Description
• To train as a Chartered Secretary and complete the ICSA International Qualifying Scheme.
• As part of our close-knit team you will work alongside our qualified Charted Secretaries and gain experience in:
o board meeting preparation including the collation and production of board packs including the use of electronic board portals
o attendance at board and committee meetings with minute taking responsibilities
o statutory and regulatory compliance and use of Blueprint Oneworld
o drafting and releasing of stock exchange announcements
o assisting and supporting the Annual General Meeting process
o assisting with the production and project management of Annual Report & Accounts
o ensuring governance best practice for all clients and internal companies
o contributing to our internal technical training initiatives
• With guidance, you will carry out your duties in a professional manner and in accordance with policies and procedures, legal/regulatory requirements, service levels and company standards to meet with business expectations, with the support of other members of the team, when required.
• Recognised degree (preferably 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification.
• Friendly, enjoys working as part of a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proactive and flexible approach to workload.
• High level of accuracy, good attention to detail.
• Business and commercial awareness.
• Creative approach to problem solving.
This role would suit someone who is looking for a diverse remit and the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally within a company secretarial/ governance career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"