Trainee Commercial Catering Engineer
Trainee Commercial Catering Engineer - City & Guilds Assured Programme
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Salary: £18,200 - £22,000 per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Are you looking to learn a new trade and want a successful and long-term career?
Do you have what it takes to become a highly skilled and qualified Commercial Catering Engineer?
My client is a leading industry provider of commercial kitchen service and maintenance in the UK and abroad, they are proud to have been awarded the Princess Royal Training Award for our Technical Academy in 2017. They pride themselves on the strong relationships they have with their customer base of blue chip, prestigious establishments and organisations from a range of industries.
They are growing rapidly and to support this growth, they have a great opportunity for a number of Trainee Commercial Catering Engineers to join them in January 2019. This is a great opportunity for you to become a key part of our engineering team in a trade which rewards well.
You will be enrolled onto our City & Guilds Assured Technical Academy, which will see you progress from a Trainee to an electrically certified Engineer within a 24-month period. You will be assigned a dedicated experienced coach who will provide you with 1-2-1 people, technical and commercial skills to successfully develop a long career with my client. You will also attend weekly hands on technical training at our prestigious off-site facility.
What a Typical Day Looks Like:
- There isn’t one! Every day is different, different locations and different customers - from schools and colleges to commercial kitchens at well-known sporting venues. Have a look at our website to see the types of customers we work with.
- You will be driving your van, shadowing your designated coach, spending hands on learning time at our off-site training facility in Berkshire.
- You will be building your portfolio to evidence your competence in each area of the training programme giving a structured approach to your learning.
- You will be carrying out preventive maintenance, call out and repairs on a wide variety of commercial catering equipment.
- You will have your own allocated sites upon completion of the trainee programme where you will build relationships with your customers and really get to know the ins and outs of each kitchen you come across.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive starting hourly rate with the opportunity to increase every 3 months
- City & Guilds Assured training and development programme
- Company vehicle and phone
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Income protection
- Health cash plans
- Share Options
- Discretionary bonus
- Excellent opportunities for progression
- As we are looking for people to join us for a career, rather than a job, we expect a minimum four-year investment from you. If you were to leave before this time period, training costs would be applicable.
- Must have held a full Manual Drivers licence for a minimum of one year
- Must be prepared to commit a minimum of 4 years to work with us
- Must have enthusiasm and a good attitude to learning
- Must be willing to travel (van is provided)
- Apply and send us your CV! We will be starting to screen applicants from 25th September, so you may receive a phone call from our Recruitment team to talk through your career history and aspirations.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to one of our trainee assessment days which will be held on Wednesday 21st or Thursday 22nd November. The day consists of various activities to test your enthusiasm, team working and current technical ability. If you are not available on either of these dates, we will be unable to consider your application for our January 2019 intake.
- If you are selected, you will join the Team on Monday 14th January 2019 to start your training programme and career with us!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Strictly no agencies! We want people who manage their own future.
- Catering Engineer
- Commercial Engineer
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'