Trainee CNC Operator
National Living Wage
Our client is based in Tiptree, Essex and was established in 1958 by Alex and Winnie Cleghorn, today the company is still very much a family run business, providing a high level of service with a personal touch. They offer a dedicated DIY and Shelving service supplying a range of Melamine and Veneered panels at a quality that is unsurpassed.
Furniture components are manufactured on our state of the art machinery which occupies several well-constructed factories on their sixteen acre site.
They are currently recruiting for a Trainee CNC Operator to join their Drill Shop in Tiptree.
As their Trainee CNC Operator, you will learn how to operate a CNC Machine and assist in tasks relating to operating this particular piece of equipment, whilst working within company quality and health and safety expectations. You will be expected to:
- Reading of CNC technical drawings.
- Drill and route panels according to manufacturing drawings.
- Perform quality checks on all work that has been completed.
- Change all tools on CNC machines within health and safety guidelines.
- Complete all CNC programming accurately.
- Work as part of a team.
- Ensure that work area is kept clean and tidy.
- Work within health and safety at work act of 1974 at all times and in all working areas.
- Ad-hoc tasks may be requested from time to time that is not listed above, but will be required.
- Additional hours may be required during busy periods.
- Perform any reasonable management instruction within time frame requested.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 7:30am – 5pm. Flexibility with working hours is essential as overtime will be required from time to time.
To be considered for their Trainee CNC Operator role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Able use your own initiative and be organised.
- Good communication skills are essential in this role, as the post holder will have to liaise with the supervisor during training.
- A positive and willing attitude is key to be successful in this role.
If you feel you have the skills for their Trainee CNC Operator role, please apply now!
Alexander Cleghorn Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job