Trainee Claims Handler
Starting Salary £15,500 (with milestone increases over a three year period)
This is a fantastic opportunity to launch your career within Motor Underwriting.
As a member of the Claims team you will be trained to investigate, negotiate and settle claims over a 3 year milestone training period.
After the initial training has been completed (approx. 3 â€" 6 months) you will take responsibility for own case load including fire, theft, windscreen claims and eventually some non-serious personal injury, dealing with solicitors, insurance brokers, loss adjustors and direct contact with customers and third parties.Â Â
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that allocated claims are fully investigated.
- Act as the key contact for specific customers/brokers.
- Communicate with policyholders, solicitors and others by telephone and in writing.
- Identify opportunities to make recoveries and follow the recovery through.
- Maintain accurate estimates on outstanding claims so the appropriate reserve can be made for each claim.
- Work within the team to ensure that all claims are settled within appropriate time scales.
- Work flexibly within the team, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance.
- 5 GCSE passes or equivalent (grades A-C) including English and Mathematics.
- Experience of working in an office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Please note that applicants should live within a maximum 15 mile radius of Dorking.
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job