Trainee Chef, Cartmel
42 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7.
£17K-£19K per annum
Could you be Cumbria’s next celebrity chef? Have you longed to become a Chef, so you can show how creative and adventurous you are with food? We are looking for a full-time ambitious Trainee Chef to join our team in Cartmel, Cumbria (South Lakes) just outside Grange over Sands.
As our Trainee Chef we will help you achieve your NQV qualification free of charge to you, either in house training or paid college release.
We are a very bespoke 450-year old Coaching Inn in the heart of Cartmel offering excellent British food sourced from local produce, wines and traditional beers and ales. This charming retreat has a fine dining restaurant where diners dine by candlelight. We have a friendly relaxed service and very comfortable rooms.
What does the role involve?
- Preparing and serving high quality food.
- Working under the direction of our Head Chef and with our small dedicated team.
- To be able to step up in the Chef’s absence.
- Handling the preparation and quality of meals.
- Basic kitchen management.
- Enforcing Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations.
What experience and requirements do I need?
- Experience is not essential as full training will be given.
- A positive attitude and committed to high levels of customer care.
- You will need to be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for working in a catering environment, with good attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Be able to carry out a single dedicated task efficiently and with minimal supervision
So, if you are hungry for a challenge and the chance to develop your culinary skills for a long career in the food industry, then we have the ideal opportunity for you! If you are excited by this job, then we would love to hear from you.
This job may also be commutable from Ulverston, Barrow, Grange over Sands, Flookburgh and surrounding areas.
- Food Industry
- Fine Dining
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'