£21,000 - £25,000 per annum
Are you a hard working, driven and self motivated person who is looking for a role that you can really make your own? Are you an excellent communicator and negotiator who enjoys building and managing supplier relationships? Are you seeking a post that will allow you to grow and develop within a thriving industry?
If so, then we'd like to hear from you!
Cordant People Cardiff are working exclusively with a Cardiff based construction company to recruit someone looking to begin or develop their career in procurement.
This is a brand new role so will offer opportunities to make the role your own and grow and develop it as time goes on.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Developing and managing supplier relationships and negotiating the best prices for the business
- Managing relationships with Site Managers and ensuring that they have the required supplies for their jobs
- Procuring materials within budgets and in time for works completion
- Producing monthly cost and spend reports on all materials purchased
- Producing monthly stock takes and resolving any queries
- Setting up new supplier accounts, maintaining relationships and resolving any queries that your suppliers may have
- Checking, verifying and signing off purchase invoices
- Setting up spreadsheets to manage costs and savings made on a monthly basis
The key skills that we are looking for are:
- The ability to negotiate and communicate well at all levels
- Resilience and the ability to problem solve and handle difficult conversations on occasion
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Tenacity and the willingness to make suggestions and put forward new ideas
You will be working as part of an incredibly down to earth team and full industry and role training will be given. However, an outgoing personality and some experience in negotiation are essential for this post!
The working hours for this role are 8.00 am - 5.00 pm with a 3.30 pm finish on a Friday!
Interested? Then we want to hear from you. Upload your CV as a Microsoft Word document to be immediately considered for interview.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- "buyer" "buying" "procurement"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'