Job title: Trainee Buyer
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Overall purpose of role
* To efficiently manage the Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order
process to ensure that services to company divisions
Hydraulics are delivered on time and to budget.
* Obtain sourcing solutions and obtain optimum pricing and delivery for
both production and non direct parts and materials.
* Research and develop new supply sources
* Work to achieve company cost down targets within all responsible
* Review & monitor new & existing suppliers performance.
* Build and develop relationships with key suppliers.
* Place orders for materials / services in line with company's requirements
and processes for both Requisitions and orders.
* Maintain procurement files on all activities undertaken / on-going.
* Work to pre-determined deadlines & work the necessary hours to meet
* Support and react quickly to resolve day to day problems to the
satisfaction of the relevant department and assist in long term projects
where Purchasing involvement is required.
* To give key support to all departments by working closely to ensure
professional working are maintained.
* Expedite materials / services when required to ensure continuation of
* Monitor, track and report pricing / raw material changes within all
* Monitor and report on PPV (Purchasing Price Variance) on a monthly basis.
* Work in accordance with procedures and develop new processes as
required. Support introduction of any new systems / processes which
* Carry out other duties as and when directed by the company.
* Ensure that constructive working relationships are built and maintained both
internally and with key third party personnel such as suppliers.
* Ensure that appropriate individual targets and objectives are set and monitored in
line with the Company's PDR system/appraisal processes
* Ensure that all H&S requirements are understood and met within team offices
Skills & Experience
* Confident Individual who is prepared to challenge and question.
* Understand and able to translate engineering / technical drawings.
* Dedicated and able to work off ones initiative.
* Have a lateral thinking approach to problem solving.
* An unimpeachable standard of integrity in all business relationships both
inside and outside of the company.
* Able to positively react to change.
* Strong computer literate within Microsoft Office, Excel specifically.
* Tenacity to follow through on tough business decisions.
* Effective management approach in managing priorities on a workday /
week / monthly basis.
* Able to communicate effectively to all levels of the business.
* Working cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results.
* Be a key team player and ability to multi task.
* Attention to detail.
* Command the respect of ones subordinates.
* Always have the companies best interests in mind.
* Analytical, accurate and performance orientated.
Education and qualifications
* HND / Degree Level.
* Full driving license