Trainee Butcher is required for our client who is a leading specialist food packing company based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. As a Trainee Butcher your main responsibility is to ensure all product is inspected at the Butchers station, processed where required, and passed to the packing area meeting standards outlined in the retail specification. No previous butchery experience is required as full training is provided. You will be working on 4on 4off / 12 hrs shift pattern. Day or night shift available (inc.weekends). Immediate start for the right candidate.
- Provide assistance to the Line Leader when training new staff
- Responsible for boning, trimming or packing the meat in line with customer/company specifications which are received to order
- Responsible for maximising the yield of the product and minimising waste to ensure production is as efficient as possible
- Ensure all tasks are carried out efficiently and contribute to the achievement of team targets
- Experience of working in a fast moving production/ manufacturing environment is essential
- Experience in a similar role within Food Production / FMCG would be an advantage
- Teamwork skills
- Good communication skills
- Knife skills and experience are advantageous but not essential
- Food Safety and Health and Safety L2 advantageous but not essential
- Competitive salary and the opportunity to earn overtime
- 20 holidays
- Death in service
- On- site parking
- Discounted food
- Ability to earn overtime
- Food Manufacturing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'