We have fantastic opportunities in Yardley Wood for individuals interested in becoming a fully qualified Bus Driver on a part time basis, connecting our customers and being part of providing fantastic customer service that National Express is known for.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career, looking for a different line of work or simply searching for a new challenge, becoming a National Express Bus Driver may be the right job for you. (We also have opportunities for fully qualified PCV Drivers)
We have part-time shifts available for up to 20 hours per week working either 3, 4 or 5 days a week between the hours of 14:00-19:00 across Monday-Saturday.
Our Bus Driver Academy will help you gain the skills and knowledge needed to become a full PCV licence holder. Experienced National Express PCV instructors will guide you through the whole process including the driving theory and driving practical exams.
Our extensive training and development offerings include:
- Full PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) training worth over £3,000 providing you with a qualification for life!
- Guidance whilst passing all modules of the PCV licence acquisition
- CPC training and continuous training to ensure you keep your hard earned qualifications
- Extensive route learning and vehicle familiarisation before you hit the road for the first time
- Company specific training such as ticket machines, processes, systems, defensive driving techniques and much more
- Endless opportunities for progression within the business including our award winning Master Driver Programme!
By joining our Yardley Wood garage you will learn from one of our many and friendly Master Drivers and Driver Training Assessors. As a Trainee Bus Driver you will be supported in all parts of the job, preparing you to start your new challenge with National Express. You will learn all necessary driving rules and regulations, health and safety elements of the Bus Driver role as well as how to provide outstanding customer service to our passengers.
What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment:
- Paid training at £9.50 per hour, rising to £10.66 once qualified, £11.92 after 2 years of service, £13.46 after 5 years of service.
- Free Bus travel for you and your partner as well as free nationwide National Express coach travel for you, and 50% off for up to 4 family members!
- Great company pension with life assurance included
- Paid annual leave entitlement
- A variety of deals and discounts via NX online portal including travel, days out, cinema, mobile car and many more
- Access to our award winning Health Buzz; providing free and accessible health checks to fit around your schedule
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sports and social clubs to join with payment plans available spread across the year as well as discounted gym membership at over 3,000 gyms across the UK
- To reward you for your dedication, we offer fantastic long service awards at key milestones.
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.You may also have experience in the following...
Customer Service, Driver, Driving Licence, HGV, CPC, Passenger Transport, Driving, Delivery Driver, Taxi Driver, Security, Travel, Retail, Customer Care
If the above sounds like a next step in your career, follow our online application process to express your interest!
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'