Trainee Bid Writer
We, Ian Williams, are looking for two Trainee Bid Writers to join us and have the incredible opportunity to be mentored by a development team, with over 30 years bid writing experience.
You consider yourself to be inquisitive, self-motivated and passionate about the detail in written language. You can visualise yourself working in a team that thrive under pressure, celebrate success and can manage the balance of working independently, but when that deadline arrives, collaboration is key.
This role can be completed remotely or within one of our many offices based in England and Wales, or, a mixture of both. You will be required at times to travel to our offices across the UK and work with our delivery teams to prepare tenders, full expenses for this will be reimbursed.
At Ian Williams we really value our employees which is why we offer an inviting salary and benefits package, including incremental salary reviews throughout your development programme. Other key benefits include:
- Be part of our company profit share scheme, and earn up to 12% of your salary
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 3%
- 23 days annual leave, buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- We want our employees to have a well-balanced work/ life balance, therefore flexible working patterns would be considered.
- Access to an employee assistance program to support employee’s health and wellbeing
The Trainee Bid Writer role:
Successful completion of your 2-year development plan, you will understand how to:
- be naturally inquisitive to gather information and summarise the key elements and requirements of bids/proposals at all stages of the tendering process.
- compose detailed bid responses, preparing all qualitative aspects of a bid, collaborating with our operational teams
- be a strong communicator, supporting the bidding team in preparation and delivery of interviews, office, and site visits as part of tendering process
- be organised, as you will implement bid plans, coordinating all relevant parties including any external consultants and partners selected to contribute to the bid process, and work to tight deadlines
- be committed to developing best practice documentation that will make us even more successful.
- be continuously improving as you participate in bid debriefs, always learning from valuable feedback
What will you bring as a Trainee Bid Writer?
- You will be able to demonstrate through work experience or similar that you can produce high quality written material
- We are looking for someone who shares our values; someone who is honest, committed and acts with integrity. And someone who collaborates well with others, treating others with respect, who will adapt and grow with us.
- You will be able to demonstrate accuracy, attention to detail and have an excellent understanding of the English language
- Qualified within A Levels or equivalent
- This role will suit someone who could describe themselves as focused, thorough, engaging, flexible, a winner and most importantly - a team player. We know that the key to our successful team is supporting each other whilst meeting deadlines but also, importantly, having fun!
We are proud to have been awarded numerous RoSPA President’s Awards for health & safety performance and Painting and Decorating Awards for service excellence. We were also a 2020 finalist in We Invest in People Gold +250 employees’ awards.
If you think you have what it takes to become our next Trainee Bid Writer, then click "Apply" now!
About Ian Williams
Discover more, not just from our website but through our Facebook, LinkedIn, Indeed and Glassdoor pages.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Ian Williams—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'