We are currently recruiting for a Trainee / Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a leading residential developer based in the Kent area. This is an excellent opportunity for a trainee / junior level Quantity Surveyor to join an established company with multiple offices UK wide.
The successful assistant / junior QS will be working on residential developments which will include apartment blocks and residential housing units. It is essential for this role that the junior / assistant Quantity Surveyor has previous experience of working for a house builder or residential developer. The ideal applicant for this position will ideally hold a degree or HNC within construction / quantity surveying or due to complete a relevant qualification within the next year.
The company have been operating for over 50 years and offer a stable career move for the right person. Our client operates with their core values at the heart of everything they do. If successful, the company will offer career development and assistance in securing recognition from awarding bodies and ongoing career enhancement opportunities.
Trainee / Assistant Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- Prepare bills of quantities and contract documents with the architect or client.
- Provide advice on procurement strategy.
- Undertake cost analysis.
- Arrange payments and value completed work.
- Shadow / assist senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager
- Remain aware of current health and safety regulations and different building contracts in current use
Trainee / Assistant Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- Degree / HNC qualified within a relevant discipline- advantageous
- Experience with a house builder / developer - advantageous
- Living in or close to the Kent area
- Highly motivated with an excellent work ethic
- Can be looking for their first step on the career ladder
Trainee / Assistant Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary; DOE (Dependant on experience)
- 25 days' holiday + bank holiday
- Car/ Car allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Working hours; Monday to Friday 9am-5:30pm (depending on work load)
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.