An excellent opportunity has arisen within our in-house legal department for a Trainee Legal Assistant/Company Secretary. This dual role will see you providing legal and company secretarial support to the legal department as you participate and support them in their day-to-day activities.
- Supporting members of the legal team where required in the provision of legal and company secretarial activities to the Integrafin Group of companies.
- Researching emerging and revised laws and implementing/updating any requisite policies and procedures as directed under direction/supervision of members of the legal department.
- Monitoring emerging legal risks and suggesting appropriate controls to the relevant member of the legal team.
- Supporting legal projects and product development activities for legal and company secretarial members.
- Undertaking administrative activities such as the collation of board papers, the preparation of board packs, , responding to shareholder enquires, maintain Company books, responding to s793 requests and the review of daily transaction reporting.
- Monitoring the commercial contracts database for agreements that are due for review and taking any appropriate actions.
- Managing the archiving of commercial contracts and maintain the database records.
- Reviewing task based activities within the department and to develop a suite of FAQs for the business.
- Responding to queries and provide responses to information requests under the direction/supervision of members of the legal department,
- Building good internal and external relationships and be able to communicate pro-actively and resolve issues.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate or equivalent, preferably with a Law, Business Studies or Economics degree and/or have experience working in an office environment, ideally within a company secretarial department or in a legal team with responsibility for company secretarial matters.
You should be able to demonstrate an interest in the application of the UK corporate governance, legal and regulatory environment be able to demonstrate some knowledge around Transact, our products and our market position. Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential and you must be able to work and think pro-actively and be able to demonstrate that you are a self-starter with the enthusiasm to learn.
In return we offer an excellent opportunity to gain relevant work experience within a legal department with a clear career development path including support as you study for either your CILEx or ISCA.
- Secretarial Support