Trainee Assistant Commercial Underwriter
As a Trainee Assistant Commercial Underwriter, you will be dealing with a combination of risk assessment, sales and negotiation with clients. A leading insurer in London who specialise in of risks involving title related areas of property and property finance are looking to recruit graduates for their Commercial Underwriting team.
The firm underwrite high net worth commercial legal indemnity risks, negotiating and maximising business profitability by means of effective and flexible underwriting decision and techniques.
- Assist with the daily underwriting and processing of commercial and residential risks ensuring that new business is secured in addition to learning about the various risks and underwriting them effectively.
- Reviewing/summarising files, gathering information for Underwriters and dealing with new enquiries and queries via the telephone and through written contact.
- You will be involved in checking policy wording, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of policy coverage and be able to discuss this confidently with external and internal clients.
- Ensure that systems are maintained and updated as required.
- Importantly, you will develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key clients and brokers in the UK and Europe ensuring a consistently high level of service.
- A recent relevant degree (minimum 2:1)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels
- Ability to develop business relationships
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- The ability to prioritise your workload often within tight deadlines whilst still maintaining a high attention to detail
- Flexibility in providing help and support for others
- A positive, approach, show enthusiasm and drive
You will need to demonstrate an interest in a sales/client facing role, be comfortable in a commercial negotiating environment, have a strong desire to succeed and be willing and able to gain knowledge quickly to successfully analyse risks, devise commercially viable solutions and manage relationships.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career within Underwriting and is therefore targeted to recent graduates. There are training programmes that will equip you with the knowledge and skills to progress your underwriting career. The company encourage employees to seek professional growth and development, and sponsor individuals wishing to undertake professional qualifications.
- Graduate Level
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'