Our client an established Architectural firm based in Cirencester is recruiting a Trainee Architectural Technician to join their team. The right candidate should be wishing to pursue a career in architecture, design, or planning. You should be polite and professional, keen, dedicated, accurate, conscientious and willing to work on own initiative in a busy office environment.
Full training both on the job and formal study will be supplied for the right candidate.
Once trained the day to day activities for this role will be as follows:
- Drawing up in CAD of hand sketches by others, revisions of CAD drawings.
- Day release course in architectural technology and design related subjects will be permitted.
- General Office duties to include, project filing and photocopying
- Assisting with surveys on site.
- Site visits with Associate / Director.
- Attendance at site and project meetings and taking notes with Associate / Director.
- Preparation and issue of Public Utility Reports and monitoring with Statutory Authorities if required.
- Ordering Materials / samples
- Research of planning applications and following up planning / building regulation applications.
The right candidate must have the following skills and attributes
- Smart and professional in both appearance and manner
- Computer skills to include Word, Excel and Power point and ideally Archipad
- Basic hand drawing skills and knowledge of CAD programmes would be preferred.
- Experience of working within a busy office environment would be advantageous
- Salary £11,500 to £15,000
- Hours of work 36.25 hrs per week 9.00am to 5.15pm with 1hr lunch
- Holidays 5 weeks inclusive of BH
- Pension Workplace pension
- Other benefits Study leave / paid for study
- Microsoft Excel
- Design Drawings
- Project Planning