Trainee Animal Technician paid Internship
Considering a career as an Animal Technician?
- Are you looking to launch your career working with animals?
- Are you passionate about looking after animals and offering the best welfare?
- Looking for a role with brilliant pay, structured training, and varied employer options?
- Are you struggling to get a job working with animals due to a lack of experience or don’t want to be stuck with unpaid, voluntary roles?
Did you know that new Animal Technicians will earn on average £20,000 pa - the highest starting salary of any role working with animals (data provided by National Careers Service.gov website)
If you want to work with animals and earn a living there are very few career options open to you. Animal careers are specialized and in many cases, the vast majority of animal jobs offer limited career progression, low or no pay (voluntary work) and without clear, achievable career goals.
What is the ATDP?
The Animal Technician Development Programme (ATDP) links employers with college leavers and university graduates with 1 key focus 'to train and place animal lovers into a career as an animal technician'. Partner employers include academic institutions such as Universities, charities and some of the world’s leading research organisations. In total, the ATDP has 18 partner employers covering Kent, London, Surrey, Essex, Hampshire, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire, Yorkshire, Wales, and Scotland. We will always match your application to a local ATDP programme with work at a local employer’s animal facility.
The ATDP programme has been created by employers specifically as an employability programme combining training, work experience, and paid internships with the sole aim of providing suitable, enthusiastic and developed new Animal Technicians to employers nationwide.
By joining the ATDP, you will have access to;
- Ring-fenced vacancies - No interviewing, No lengthy applications and No fighting for a job against hundreds of other applicants! You will have a team of people who are targeted on getting you 'that job’ and you will get first dibs on all of them!
- A structured development programme - From day one of your enrolment you will have clear and achievable goals and be eligible for a 12 week paid internship to complete your training on the job (after completing 2 weeks work experience)
- Fast-tracked career opportunities - Upon accreditation, you will have access to ATDP partner employers vacancies. These roles are ring-fenced and only made available to accredited ATDP Learners
- 24/7 support - Our in house team of highly knowledgeable Trainers provide support 24/7 ensuring you have the best experience and training. Having worked as Animal Technicians ourselves we will give you all the training and skills you require to pass each stage of the programme so that you can truly shine in your role. Just drop us a text or call our 24-hour telephone help line. (This is an all year round helpline so yes, it does even include bank holidays)
- Continued and ongoing training (CPD) - Training provided to you that is specifically focused on the important and rewarding role of an Animal Technician
- Work with the most prestigious and interesting organisations in the UK - The role of an animal technician is like no other career working with animals. You can look forward to working within a large team of like-minded professionals in well-funded, clean and state of the art animal facilities
- We build a portfolio for you! Whilst on your ATDP journey, you will also build and develop a portfolio that contains employer testimonials based on your performance (which speak volumes compared to a standard CV!) The ATDP programme allows you to show case your ability so if you also struggle in interviews, please do not worry, we are here to help 'by pass' this process with the portfolio being designed to replace the grizzly process! J
Your daily duties as an Animal Technician and Animal Technologist include:
- Feeding and watering
- General health checking
- General animal husbandry
- Understanding breeding and scientific procedures
- Handling animals
- Cage cleaning and washing
Providing your aim is to work with animals and you meet our requirements, then this programme is designed for you.
Apply now to start your career as an Animal Technician or Animal Technologist.
Please Note: ATDP is delivered throughout the UK, Scotland and Wales with a new intake every 12 weeks, so please feel free to ask for more information as to when and where the next programme is being run. We may also have direct hire opportunities, so please get in touch ASAP!
As you can see, this is a fantastic opportunity to kick start and fast track your career working with animals. So if you are committed to becoming an animal technician and passionate about working with animals then please apply today.
Please note: all training costs are paid for by the ATDP which is a social enterprise. All learners are required to read and sign an ATDP enrolment contract which outlines all that is expected of you as a learner whilst on the programme.
What we are looking for;
- High levels of motivation and a good work ethic
- The ability to repeatedly work to set procedures with a high degree of attention to detail
- A genuine passion to work with animals, demonstrating care, welfare and compassion
- Your own transport is an advantage (although not essential)
- Although a very rewarding role, the successful candidate must have the emotional maturity to deal with emotional issues such as euthanasia
- Successfully selected candidates will be required to undergo security and occupational health screening
Do I need Qualifications?
- we are looking for candidates hold either an 'animal related qualification' or have two or more years work experience of handling animals
Although 'animal lovers’ with a real passion for animals will be considered, so please do call and see what we have on offer!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'