Henry Boot PLC is the parent company of the Sheffield-based Henry Boot Group of Companies. With over 130 years of proven expertise, Henry Boot PLC is one of the leading property investment and development, strategic land development, construction and plant hire organisations in the country.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Accountant to join our Group Finance Department. The role will be based at the Henry Boot PLC Head Office at Banner Cross Hall, Ecclesall Road South, Sheffield and you will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Assistant Accountant, the successful candidate will assist with the accurate and efficient processing of all financial data within the Group Finance Department. To exercise and maintain financial controls and disciplines whilst ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and authorities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Preparation of accounts;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans;
- Work with Auditors in the preparation of the subsidiary financial statements;
- Preparation of returns for Corporation Tax, VAT, CIS and other relevant taxes;
- Preparation of development cost accounts in respect of joint venture agreements;
- Deal with queries, discrepancies and other deficiencies in ledger documentation;
- Invoice/credit note preparation as required, and in accordance with company deadlines;
- Assisting with the review of external accounting systems to ensure they are up to date and operationally fit for purpose;
- Be proactive in identifying issues and the action of change;
- Observe strict confidentiality in respect of information contained in correspondence;
- Any other duties related to the work of the Department as directed by the Senior;
- Accountant or Group Financial Controller;
- Ad hoc admin duties;
The successful candidate will have/be:
- AAT qualified;
- Have excellent attention to detail;
- Have excellent organisation and time management skills in order to meet strict deadlines;
- Good working ethos, willing take on new challenges with a professional and determined manner;
- Good understanding of general accountancy programmes and IT;
Please note that this role will provide the opportunity for the successful candidate to gain further professional qualifications (CIMA or ACCA).
In return for your commitment and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, 32 days holiday (including bank holidays), a company stakeholder pension plan, life assurance scheme and a company profit share scheme.
Henry Boot PLC is committed to valuing diversity and to equality of opportunity. As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications regardless of gender, race, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
Please click here to view the job description.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE. UNSOLICITED CVs WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- finance accountant trainee accounts