Our Accounting and Outsourcing team works to support our clients to better run their finance functions, understand their financial position and performance, and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation. With the relentless pace of technology change you will need be trained to advise clients in areas such as process and digitalisation, business performance and financial reporting, while building enduring relationships that positions Mazars as a trusted adviser. Our successful team of more than 250 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial.An introduction to our Industry & Services and Financial Services team:
Industry and Services:
The Industry & Services team provides accounting services to listed companies and large international groups which consist of many well known names and brands.
The Industry & Services team provides services to companies listed on the London Stock Exchange (FTSE 350, Small Cap, and Fledgling), AIM, and large companies/groups with turnover of more than £150m. The team also work closely with overseas teams to support UK based subsidiaries of major global groups including a number in the CAC 40 and NASDAQ.
To enable specialisms within the more senior members of the Industry & Services team, we divide our clients between “Industry” and “Services”, the sectors that make up these groups are:Industry:
Broadly any company providing a product to its clients which includes the following:
- Hospitality & Leisure
- Energy & Utilities
Broadly any company providing a service to its clients which includes the following:
- Professional Practices
The financial services team works internationally to provide seamless, cross-border services to our clients. As a member of the team you will experience a broad range of clients across various sectors to build your knowledge and understanding of the financial services market.Banking:
The banking group covers clients such as emerging banks and UK operations of large international banks.Insurance:
The insurance group covers clients from entrepreneurial insurance brokers to Lloyd's syndicates and large international underwriters.Asset Management:
The real estate asset management division covers large national and global asset management groups, private equity structures, listed investment funds, financial advisory groups and property clients.Job purpose
The role of an Associate Client Advisor is to ensure accurate and timely preparation of management accounts including VAT compliance for a range of UK and international clients. You will be the point of contact for your portfolio of clients, providing high quality advice on their year-end compliance process and work with other teams to deliver an excellent client experience.
We are moving to a new hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.During your first year you will:
- Learn how to use accounting software as well as the various Apps and systems to meet the clients' bookkeeping needs and be able to prepare accurate and value-added management accounts;
- Develop an understanding of financial statements and the nature of the clients' business;
- Understand the Apps within our App Stack and how they should be used for your clients.
- Co-ordinate with tax, payroll and audit hub to deliver client information as a whole.
- Manage your own client portfolio;
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers;
- Have confident knowledge of accounting standards which you apply to a given set of accounts.
In your final year you will be expected to be able to take responsibility for the junior members of your team. You will train them and review their work.The person
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Be curious: the ability to ask questions around the subject and to challenge the team if something does not make sense to you.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'