We are looking to recruit for a family owned business who have depot operations throughout the UK. This role will be based at their Droitwich depot to take responsibility for the timely traffic planning of routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure that the customer receives a first class service in a cost effective way.
- Working with customers/suppliers/drivers and other traffic desks, planning routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Prioritising workload, route planning driver brief and de-brief
- Liaise with other depots within the Company
- Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots
- Ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Maintain computerised system such as Stirling. Have the skills to use excel spread sheet
- A good understanding of transport regulations currently in force
- Good geographical knowledge
- Booking driver agency staff depending on workload
Specific Qualifications/ Job Training
GCSE/NVQ standard. Experience of working at a similar level. CPC Holder (National / International)
Traffic management Dealing with VOSA Compliance
Problem solving/logical thinking
Working unsupervised, continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight deadlines.
Computer skills - Stirling (training will be provided), Excel
Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external.
Team player with a flexible Can Do attitude
Shift Pattern: 4 on / 4 off Nights 06:00 - 18:00
Salary: £24,000 - £25,000 (depending on qualifications)
Holiday: 20 days which includes Statutory Bank Holidays
Pension: NEST Pension Scheme