Traffic Operators Days/Nights
Our client was formed in 1998 by a management team that had a proven track record in large volume, multi-customer container transport. From that basis they have built a business able to adapt quickly and with a great deal of imagination to the ever-changing demands of their customer base and the difficulties of an industry that is becoming the most legislated in Europe.
Position: Traffic Operators
Location: Based in their offices in Felixstowe, Ipswich and Woolpit
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Benefits: The company will offer long term security, full support, a competitive salary, benefits & career progression for the right candidate.
About the role:
Due to continued growth, they are looking for Junior and Senior Day/Night Operators. The role will involve working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment and working in pressurised situations. There will be a requirement for a degree of out of hours work. The successful candidate would have previous experience in transport operations, possess good communication skills, have a good working knowledge of basic IT systems and a good team-based work ethic.
- Managing drivers, including agency drivers and subcontracted routes
- Ensuring on time departure and exception reporting
- Controlling and organising routes in response to planned allocation
- Dealing with breakdowns, traffic delays and accidents which impact on routes
- Ensuring adherence to the Operator's Licence and driver's hours legislation
- Controlling, monitoring and authorisation of driver's hours in line with procedure
- Controlling, monitoring and reporting of accidents ensuring completion of forms in line with company procedure
- Ensuring sufficient resources for covering sickness and absence and to carry out Return to Work Interviews
- Ensuring correct paperwork (including disclaimers and driving licence checks) and briefings are completed with agency drivers
- Ability to motivate and encourage drivers Self diagnostic - being able to review and improve own performance and to assist that of the team
- The role holder will be expected to work as a member of the traffic team and day to day tasks will change depending upon the type and quantity of work the depot has
- Previous experience of working in an administration position in a logistics or transport environment
- Effectively communicate with drivers, planners and depots
- Be computer literate
- Be flexible in approach and availability to meet business needs
- Be a proactive team member
- This is a challenging, but very rewarding role in an ever-changing marketplace
You may have experience of the following: Traffic Operator, Transport Planner, Logistics Coordinator, Transport Coordinator, Logistics Administrator, Office Administrator, Administrator, Administration Assistant, Transport Administrator, Logistics Assistant, Transport Assistant, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.