Our client has an opportunity available for a Traffic Operator to join them based in Northallerton. The role is a full, time permanentposition and in return, they are offering a negotiable depending on experience.
The company was incorporated in 1989 with the intention of providing just in time solutions offering highly cost effective solutions. In 2000 with a fleet of 60 vehicles and 90 tautliners it was sold. Relaunched in 2017, the company enjoys a stellar reputation and is now offering a wide range of logistics services from single pallet movement to full trailer movements throughout the UK.
About the role:
As the Traffic Operator, you will be based at their Northallerton site working as part of the traffic team ensuring that all haulage consignments are resourced and administrated correctly. You will be required to work on 5/7 shift pattern, Tuesday to Saturday initially working 08:00 until 17:00; on call out of hours support will be expected on a pre agreed Rota basis, as will flexibility as required for holiday cover etc.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Traffic Operator:
- Rate negotiating with both suppliers and haulier partners to ensure target margins are achieved
- Assessing subcontractors to ensure they are approved and fulfil legal and insurance requirements
- Liaise with other offices within the group to ensure efficient planning and administration
- Communicate with drivers and hauliers to ensure all collections and deliveries are completed as planned
- Complete daily KPI reports for clients and submit accurate on time key information to them
- Ensure all consignments and haulage costs are entered into their TMS system to ensure accurate charges and payments are maintained
What they are looking for in their ideal Traffic Operator:
- Previous transport office experience
- Self-driven and results orientated
- Strong IT and administration skills
- Good punctuality
- Ability to work within a team operation
- Strong communication skills
- Strong geographical knowledge
If you have the relevant skills and experience to join them as their Traffic Operator, please click apply today – they would love to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'