My client is looking for a Traffic Office Coordinator to join their team. The position will be for maternity cover - contract on a 6-9 month basis. Location Colnbrook. Salary negotiable.
Reporting to the Depot Operations Manager the job holder will assist in managing the daily waste collection operations ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation. The right candidate will be able to interact with Drivers/Mates giving advice and instruction where necessary. A high level of customer service must be maintained at all times due to working in partnership with the sales team and being the first point of contact for both internal and external customers.
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- Ideally a holder of a CPC or a willingness to gain accreditation
- Full Driving Licence
- High importance to providing the best customer service
- Confident communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Competent in Word and Excel and a good working knowledge of Outlook
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ideally experience of databases/in-house IT systems or a willingness to learn
- Good local geographical knowledge relevant to the depot's location
- Flexible attitude
- Team player
- Ability to manage own time, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Good problem solving
- Self motivated
The right candidate..
Establishing a good rapport with drivers and customers, prioritising and managing your time, resolving day-to-day queries, a natural multi-tasker... There are lots of qualities and skills that make a great Transport Office Co-ordinator.
We're also looking for someone positive, proactive and able to handle pressure, who's comfortable taking responsibility for resolving queries using the phone and databases (we have a bespoke computerised traffic system for which training will, of course, be provided).
You'll join our fast-paced Colnbrook transport office (good local geographical knowledge would be an advantage) which services businesses in and around the London area. This is one of our numerous transport offices in the south-east that are the nerve centres of our waste collection services and key to daily operations running smoothly. And that's where you come in, because you'll help to ensure, through liaising closely with customers, drivers and colleagues (including the vehicle workshop and Sales teams), that commercial waste collections are carried out satisfactorily. Ideally you'll have at least two years' experience within a busy transport office environment and be a strong team player. You are also a stickler for accuracy, as recording and inputting data, and preparing daily computerised drivers' routes, are an important part of your job. You'll be competent in using Word and Excel.