What we need:
Our client, a local authority based in North West London are working with Carrington West to secure an experienced Traffic Engineer to join the organisation on a contract basis.
What you will do on the job:
As Traffic Engineer your main duties will include:
- Designing and implementing a range of traffic, highways and transport schemes
- Overseeing road safety and cycling projects
- Assisting with consultation, team leading and more general office work
- The job will also include involvement on a variety of other traffic related schemes which the council will be working on throughout this period.
What you will need to succeed:
- Qualifications - Degree / HNC / HND (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years traffic management design experience gained working in local government, TfL or an engineering consultancy
- Experience should include most of the following areas:
- Highways design & improvements, signalised junction design & analysis, traffic calming schemes, school travel strategy schemes, accident investigation and remedial measures, pedestrian crossings, bus priority works, cycle routes and facilities, controlled parking zones, safety audits, waiting and loading restrictions.
- You Must be experienced in the use of AutoCad and MS Office programmes
- Be able to undertake basic level surveys and it would be advantageous if they were able to use total station type equipment and traffic speed guns
- Be able to write letters and reports and deal with public over the phone and in person
What you will get in return:
Working in a great team in a fantastic modernised location, this is a full-time contract job. The rate on offer is £26 - £28 per hour (through an Umbrella company)
What to do now:
If you are interested in the role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Matt at Carrington West on for more information. CWHTT