£32,839 per annum for 36 hours per week Monday to Friday based at Merrow Complex, Merrow Lane, Merrow, Guildford, Surrey, GU4 7BQ.
Flexible working is supported where possible. You will be entitled to 24 days annual leave on joining Surrey, have the option of joining the local government salary-related pension scheme, and have access to other benefits including a car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the Role
Are you looking for an opportunity to build on your career as a Traffic Engineer?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Surrey County Council’s Local Highway Services Group for a Traffic Engineer, based in Merrow, Guildford. You will have an engineering qualification or an appropriate level of relevant experience.
Excellent communication skills are essential as this is a public facing role and you will be responsible for answering a wide range of their questions and concerns. You will identify, develop and manage the implemention of traffic management and highway improvement schemes to contribute to the delivery of the integrated transport objectives of the Surrey Transport Plan (LTP). The successful applicant will help the County Council to provide an excellent level of service to our residents and first class customer care.
Based within the Area Highways Team, you will be expected to engage with a broad range of stakeholders and will have the ability to both manage your own workload and support the wider team. The position has a wide range of duties.
To be shortlisted for interview your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence. You must have a full UK driving license to be considered for this role.
- Educated to Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent level of experience
- Experience in identifying, developing and implementing highway improvement schemes
- Good understanding of relevant principles, practices, and procedures relating to traffic management and road safety
- Experience of dealing with customers in writing and in person and ability to advise the local committees and members through technical reports, meetings, public speaking and informal discussions on highways issues
- Ability to liaise with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure scheme progression in accordance with design requirements, standards and budget.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 25 February 2018
Please note, if access to the GCSX (PSN) network is required for this role, a Basic Disclosure (DBS check) will be required to meet the Government Baseline Personnel Security Standards.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.