Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 9,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Help us make a difference as a Traffic Dispatcher.
A quick look at the role.
The Traffic Dispatcher role will effectively support the day to day operations of the Depot through successful allocation of vehicles to ensue best in class service delivery.
The role will also ensure all Health and Safety standards are maintained and ensure that environmental and O Licence compliance is maintained.
As well as the transport activity, the role will allow hands-on activity to support with Employee Engagement, continuous improvement projects and covering items such as productivity and quality of service provision.
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Day to day management of operational staff in order to achieve best in class service delivery.
- Managing route efficiency and utilising optimum disposal outlets within the area to ensure effective use of vehicles and facilities.
- Debriefing of operational staff at the end of each working day to identify any challenges and support with swift resolutions.
- Managing driver availability and coverage in line with legislation and company procedures to ensure that there is suitable coverage at all times.
- Performing administrative duties including input of pay and bonus onto the company system and accurate input of disposal information.
- Carrying out visual safety checks of the fleet with guidelines to ensure VOSA regulations are complied with and liaise with fleet to minimise vehicle downtime.
- Controlling vehicle availability on a daily basis to ensure that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy.
- Supporting the Depot Manager at all times and ensure that mandatory training, induction and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy.
- Resolving service-related queries and invoice/charge queries on behalf of the customer and with the support of Customer Services.
Here's what we require:
- Experience of a position of similar responsibility in the Services or Logistics industry.
- Experience of people and health and safety management within a unionised and multi-shift environment.
- Strong knowledge of the local area.
- Good knowledge of the Transport and Logistics industry.
- Knowledge of existing and impending environmental and Health & Safety legislation.
- Experience of first line operational management.
- Experience of managing in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment.
- Exceptional communication skill with the ability to communicate in writing, on a one to one basis and via the phone with all levels including management, team members and internal/external customers.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines in a time critical environment.
- A willingness to adapt and develop skill-sets and knowledge which is determined by the role/business.
- Computer literate - comfortable using business software and Microsoft Office Suite (specifically strong knowledge of Excel).
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
And here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching - because if you don't grow, we don't grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Plus, much more......
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
- Transport Planner
- Traffic planner
- Traffic dispatcher
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'