Trading Standards Investigator
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for a Trading Standards Investigator to work on behalf of a Local Authority on a temp ongoing contract.
Based in the Nottinghamshire area, as a Trading Standards Investigator, you will conduct investigations into serious and complex breaches of Trading Standards Legislation across the East Midlands.
Rate of pay offered £20 per hour via Umbrella.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Detect and investigate complex scams and rogue trading in the East Midlands
region and prepare reports for criminal and civil action in the courts
- Attend court to give evidence as required
- Lead Teams of multi-agency officers on complex regional cross-border investigations and operations
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other officers and support staff as
appropriate or required
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships for the unit with other local, regional and national enforcement agencies
- A full UK driving licence
- Diploma in Trading Standards, Diploma in Consumer Affairs or Diploma in
Consumer Affairs and Trading Standards is desirable
- Training to Association of Chief Police Officers standard in covert surveillance is
- At least 3 years proven ability to investigate offences, prepare concise accurate
information and give evidence in Court proceedings
- Proven ability to successfully undertake and lead complex criminal investigations
- Proven ability to lead projects
- Experience of successful inter-agency partnership working
This role will be subject to vetting.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now. Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
- Consumer Products
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'