A brand new role reporting to our Head of Trading, the Trade Manager is a critical connector between the numerous company functions.
Reporting into the Head of Trading, and alongside various matrixed central teams, you will be responsible for the day by day trade management, working closely with the Merchandising, Marketing, UX and VM teams to ensure the site is trading optimally.
You will develop and manage the trade calendar and its interface with the Home Page and Navigation, regularly provide trade insight, recommend trading activity, provide competitor insight, lead pricing and promotional initiatives, identify and provide input on relevant commercial or technology improvement opportunities. You will also be involved in global initiatives, and work as part of cross-functional teams.
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial and commercial thinking with a strong bias for action
- Previous experience in ecommerce with good understanding of ecommerce dynamics
- Capable to work in a fast moving and ever-changing context, able to deal with ambiguity and handle multiple projects
- Ability to spot issues, identify gaps and be hands-on in trying to solve them
- Able to zoom out to see the bigger picture as well as zoom in: detail-oriented and analytical
- Creative, curious and innovative - presenting new ideas, approaches and insights to technology, product, ways of working
- Be persistent and tenacious, but use wisdom to know when to let go and when to push
- Great at stakeholder management: getting information, buy-in and support for your ideas across the organisation
- Be responsible for the day to day trading of the website
- Be first point of contact for Trade related queries from the wider team and external business
- Be responsible for the day by day trade management of the site, monitor sales growth and long-term profitability
- Responsible for developing the medium and long-term trade strategy and feed into the overall global strategy
- Support with planning and the delivery of the Online trading strategy.
- Strive to achieve the Online KPI targets, constantly thinking of new ways to drive sales, conversion and profit
- Manage the retail calendar, being aware of the competition and key trading promotions and events to optimise the site
- Provide insight into the market and competitors, understanding the gaps, insight into price competitiveness and offering
- Work closely with the Financial Analyst to assist in forecasting KPIs, sales phasing and profitability from a trade perspective
- Project Management - to assist in the implementation of specific propositions and improve the customer experience
- Work closely with Marketing, Finance and Merchandising in planning the calendar of events and promotions
- Understand the relationship between traffic and conversion and provide actionable insight back to the teams to ensure that the website is optimised.
- Keeping up to date with market trends and innovation in ecommerce, online beauty retailing and logistics, evaluating this data to present recommendations and new initiatives focusing on customer needs and overall customer experience
- Responsible for weekly and monthly reporting across key customer and business metrics
- Be a member or leading cross functional teams to support product management or marketing with projects