Trading Manager (Raw Materials) c£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
South East ABJ3512
As trading manager for the raw materials area you will drive value from recently purchased chemicals markets to improve purchasing position. As trading manager for raw materials you will manage and optimise the companies supply and trading positions around the storage facilities in which are key to supplying our Manufacturing Sites and customers. As trading manager for raw materials you will ensure that due process is followed in managing the companies chemical supply contracts and will devise trading strategies and execute such following correct approval through delegation of authority framework.
- To drive cost and performance improvement in the company’s procurement of Strategic Raw Materials
- To manage day-to-day purchases and sales of chemicals in the company’s Strategic Raw Materials team in order to leverage the company’s position to add value to the business.
- To support and monitor distribution of the chemicals sites from Suppliers and storage facilities.
- To manage chemicals contracts and execute spot trading strategy in line with what is agreed with the Head of Strategic Raw Materials.
- To determine and implement trading strategies for chemicals while following delegation of authority process.
- To provide the Head of Strategic Raw Materials with such information as is required to report on the performance of the Strategic Raw Materials Team
- Keep abreast of raw materials markets to ensure that informed business decisions are made by SBUs
- Development of strategies related to use/purchase of specific raw materials
- Working closely with technical and operations to implement alternative raw material suppliers
- Effective management of raw material supplier relationships consistent with company strategy as defined by the Head of Strategic Raw Materials and the Procurement Director.
- Support the company’s Integrated Business Planning process and ensure up to date and accurate information is shared through the Supply Point Capability Review
- Conduct monthly analytics on cost savings and KPIs and estimate the annual spend for each commodity within his/her responsibility and leverage these analyses in business planning, strategies and negotiations.
- Maintain trading log showing deals which have been agreed and work with the broader organisation to improve processes to manage such.
Support the development of new products through early involvement with the SBU, Engineering and R&D on alternative identification and supply agreement negotiations.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Education: Graduate, degree qualified, highly numerate.
- Experience: Experience of interacting internally and externally.
- Managing multiple contacts.
- Trading of chemicals, (petrochemicals)
- Benefits include: 25 days holiday, Medical, Bonus scheme
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ3512 on
- Raw Materials
- Trading Strategies
- raw materials
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job