Our client provides leading aggregated demand-side response services (DSR) for electricity system balancing. They aggregate small generators, energy storage sites and flexible I&C energy users, making their capacity available during periods of stress on the grid. The Trading team is dedicated to optimising flexibility, and in identifying, developing and monetising opportunities; and a growing product suite and customer portfolio means a Trading Manager is required to lead from the front and develop existing processes and the team, in order to ensure continued success. Sounds like the challenge you’ve been looking for? Apply for the Trading Manager today.
- Develop existing processes - core systems are in place, but need improvement
- Lead a team of 2
- Strengthen and develop this unique DSR service offering
- Balance the challenge of optimizing new assets whilst working within the parameters set by customers.
- Be involved with the launch of new services in high-growth emerging sectors
- Tap into the opportunity being unocked by the electricification of transport and heat
Skills and Experience required
- 5 -10 years trading experience gained in UK energy markets
- Demonstrable experience optimising different asset types across all markets
- Robust understanding of wholesale market risk
- Exceptional people skills to lead, motivate and develop individual team members
- High level of IT literacy
- Knowledge / Experience of Battery Storage optimisation helpful
- Knowledge of NGESO Ancillary/Balancing services at an operational level helpful
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a business or numerical discipline
- Proactive, diligent and a critical thinker
- Able to strike a balance between risk and seizing market opportunities to maximise revenue
- Ability to quickly process and understand complex information, take reasoned decisions, and summarize succinctly
- Fundamental respect for internal and external governance
- Able to operate in a pressurised environment and working to tight deadlines
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'