My client, a global gas & power company are recruiting this 12 month fixed term contract into their Trading Control team.
- Gross margin process: Manage the daily flow of all trading invoices from the trading system to both the invoice analysis database and the financial ledgers in a timely manner (up to posting and analysis only, not settlement, netting or cash allocation).
- Gross margin Control: Maintain the link and the reconciliation between the financial accounting system and the invoice analysis database (Qlickview) on a virtually real-time basis. Continuously apply and enhance (internal and SOX) controls to ensure all invoice documents are captured and processed correctly.
- Gross margin analysis: On a regular basis compare invoices received to accruals/deals to identify posting errors, prior period adjustments, incorrect deal valuations, incorrect invoices, or weaknesses in the actual / accrual processes or systems, and clearly communicate findings to the Trading Control, Middle Office, Back Office or IT teams as appropriate.
- Exchange reconciliations and cash allocations: Ensure the accurate reporting of, and reconciliation between, Book and Exchanges, the accurate allocation of cash to the P&L, and follow-up any issues in a timely manner.
- Intercompany reconciliations: On a monthly basis report the intercompany P&L and outstanding balance sheet items with group companies and on a quarterly basis agree these values directly with the particular counterparts.
- Cash accounting: contribute to cover the processing and reconciliation of all bank, futures exchange and counterpart collateral entries on a daily basis, maintaining tight control of bank suspense accounts and any automatic or manual cash allocations.
- Expense processing: assist the team to ensure employee expenses are properly validated and authorised according to the delegation of authority schedule, and that these are paid by the appropriate method (BACS, Chaps, TT or cheque) within a reasonable turnaround time.
- Balance sheet control and reporting: assist the team in the accounting, reconciling, reporting, investigation of the balance sheet, addressing items from the following perspectives:
- Assist balance sheet substantiation and reporting by challenging remaining items, considering possible grossing-up issues or reporting visibility. Aim to keep balance sheet accounts clear of old or un-reconciled items, closing unused accounts and help to maintain the chart of accounts overall.
- Indirect taxes: remain aware and considerate of indirect tax requirements when processing documents and transactions, ensuring correct tax treatment. Assist with certain aspects of the reconciliations and returns under the guidance of the General Accounting Supervisor and also the Tax Manager.
- Cash Management
- Part Qualified
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'