Job Role: Trading Executive
Salary: £20,000-£24,000 + bonus + Benefits
Are you looking to join one of the fastest growing wholesale/import organisations in the UK that currently work with some of the largest UK wholesalers?
Due to continued expansion and a fantastic 2017 year of trading has led to this dynamic business to strengthen their sales and purchasing team with a dynamic Trading Executive.
The business are currently moving to larger and brand new premises based in Oldham to cope with increased demand and to further grow the business. This is therefore an exciting stage in the business history and a fantastic opportunity for some looking for their next career step and genuine career progression.
The main purpose of the role is to source and purchase stock to be sold from a variety of suppliers and sources. You negotiate the best price possible, finalise each purchase and manage the process in between.
- Database all new supplier and customer contacts, ensuring they are kept up to date
- Monthly mail merges to all buying contacts to make stock enquiries
- Attend trade fairs in the UK, Europe and USA
- Review all offers received in, research, collate all relevant information on the product including samples and discuss with the buying director
- Negotiate the best price possible, make a bid to buy total stock, agree final terms of purchase and get sign off from the director
- Obtain shipping quotes if delivery is not inclusive
- Create a sales sheet, including imagery, description, technical specifications, pack sizes, barcodes, pricing etc.
- Chase invoices for orders placed, request payments to be made and co-ordinate the delivery of the goods
- Cross reference purchase order to invoice and ensure the correct prices and quantities have been raised.
In order to be successful in the role the business is looking for the following experience:
- Previous trading or sales experience within a product based environment
- Previous experience within the wholesale/import market would be highly advantageous
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic and confident
- The ability to build rapport quickly
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop their skills within a fast paced market, in a dynamic business environment.
Please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting reference NJR: 7549
KEYWORDS: wholesale, distribution, trading, retail, import, export, purchasing, buying, sales, account management, stock sales.