Trading Desk Analyst
We are currently looking for a Trading Desk Analyst to join an electronic market maker based in central London. As a business they provide liquidity to financial markets and their customers.
Trading Desk Analyst
Trading Desk Analyst Responsibilities
- Supervise trading strategies and provide first level support to ensure smooth running of the business.
- Work with developers to improve automated tools to aid monitoring and alerting in relation to key trading statistics (PnL, fill rates, signals, volumes etc). Investigate and assist in resolving issues in relation to key trading metrics.
- Monitor and manage risk exposures when they arise.
- Liaise with brokers, trading operations and back office on trade/position breaks, risk limits and margin requirements.
- Partner with direct clients to examine and optimise quoting parameters to provide best possible liquidity on an individualised basis.
- Propose suggestions for new strategies or ways to improve existing ones.
- Conduct preliminary research into new strategy ideas.
Trading Desk Analyst Attributes
As a Trading Desk Analyst you should have strong foundations in mathematics, computer science or closely related scientific discipline and fit the following profile:
- Ethical. You adhere to principles that objectively would be considered as moral and of high integrity. - You are highly motivated, current and former colleagues consider you exceptionally hard working, meticulously detail oriented, conscientious, proactive and above all, trustworthy.
- Outstanding aptitude evidenced by a track record of resolving problems of both a practical and analytical nature.
- Innovative. You continually think about how improvements in technology and processes can achieve better results. You are conscious of the long term cost of short term decisions but demonstrate good judgment on when to be pragmatic.
- Economic curiosity. Potentially you have undertaken courses in this field or finance from which you have gained theoretical knowledge.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Ability to program in one or more analytical packages such as Matlab or R.
- Ability to write re-useable code in either Python or Java and SQL.
- Previous experience of electronic markets in FX, Equities or Futures beneficial.
- Previous experience working on a highly automated market making desk very beneficial.
If you have the desired skills and experience and would be interested in finding out more please respond to his advert by following the link below and attaching a copy of your most recent CV. If successful we will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.