Trade & Transaction Monitoring Officer
Job Title: Trade & Transaction Monitoring Officer
Location: Central London
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Job type: Full time, Contract - 6 Months
The Trade & Transaction Monitoring Officer will be responsible for the following:
- managing and mitigating all aspect of AML risk within the Trade Operations Department and directly reporting to the Head of the department
- Secondly to ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities for transaction in timeous reporting to the Head of the department.
It is further required to analyze information received from Correspondent Banks and to monitor and report on Correspondent Banking transaction activity to analyze and address any AML economic sanctions related alerts.
- To review all transaction monitoring in line with the bank policy to confirm/clear suggested matches and escalating any possible matches to the Head of the Department
- To review all transactions held on the GCOP system, releasing any false matches in a timely manner.
- Perform aggregate transaction monitoring on customers, i.e. Applicants & Beneficiaries within the Trade Operations Department and report any escalations to the Head of the department.
- Ensure that AML and KYC monitoring for the Trade Finance product complies with all regulatory and industry best practice.
- Ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions.
- Reviewing & Closing overnights alerts on WC1 in line with the Customer profile
- Update the changes of customer's profiles on Company house and liaising with the RM to provide documentary evidence in light of the changes.
- Updating customer's profile on basis in respect to their turnover.
- Ensure timely, efficient reporting of suspicious transactions.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing
- Assist with money laundering related queries/questionnaires received from Corresponding Banks & their compliance section, in a timely manner.
- Investigate, review and resolve AML related and economic sanction related alerts
- Ensure proper investigation of suspicious transactions or money laundering
- Assist with AML Compliance Training especially on identification and reporting of suspicious
- Assist in the development of in-person AML/Economic Sanctions Compliance Training for new employees
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports to AMLOC and BRCC
- Appropriate qualification in applicable field of study e.g. law/ AML/Client On-boarding would be well regarded;
- At least three years of transaction monitoring experience gained within a retail commercial bank or within a financial services company focused on the retail market;
- Excellent technical ability and in-depth knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation;
- Good understanding of financial markets and current regulatory issues; a good understanding of UK and European money laundering regulations, initiatives and directives;
- Good oral and written communication and influencing skills;
- Must be able to work without close supervision and to strict timelines;
- Must be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative;
- Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills;
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Analytical ability
- Unquestionable integrity
- Strong teamwork, communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Leadership potential
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Credit Controller, Accounts Clerk, Payment Processing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Assistant Credit Controller, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance Officer, Finance Controller, Financial Controller, Financial Supervisor, Accounts Supervisor, Debt Collection, Purchase Ledger Clerk may also be considered for this role.
- Quality Assurance
- Compliance Assistant
- Quality Administrator
- Corporate Compliance
- Compliance Administrator
- Audit Administrator
- Governance Officer
- Quality Assurance Administrator
- Human Resources Executive
- Quality Control Coordinator
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'